What items are prohibited at Blue Highway Fest?
- Any bags that are not clear or are larger than 12″ x 12″ x 6″. Any hydration packs with more than 2 pockets. (See Full Bag Policy Below). No backpacks or bags with multiple pockets.
- Coolers of any kind. (Exceptions may be made for medical use)
- Framed backpacks, multiple pocket back packs and any pack that is not aligned with the allowed backpacks above.
- Any and all professional audio recording equipment
- Professional cameras and professional recording (photo, video, audio) equipment (NO large professional detachable zoom lenses, stands, monopods, tripods, attachment sticks (selfie sticks) or other commercial equipment.
- Any and all professional video equipment. No video recording will be allowed
- Drones or any other remote flying device
- Glass containers of any kind
- Illegal and Illicit substances of any kind
- Outside food or beverage (including alcohol) of any kind. With the exception that each patron may bring 1 factory sealed water bottle
- Pets (except service animals)
- Selfie sticks
- Skateboards, scooters, bicycles, wagons, carts, golf carts, ATV’s or any personal motorized vehicles
- Tents, canopies, or shade structures of any kind
- Unauthorized/unlicensed vendors are not allowed. No unauthorized solicitation and materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, give-aways, samples, etc.
- Firearms, Weapons or Explosives of any kind
- Large chains or spiked jewelry
- Bicycles inside festival grounds (free parking is available near festival entrance)
- Carts of any kind (including Red Wagons)
- Smoking or Vaping of ANY kind
Can I purchase tickets at the gate?
Blue Highway Fest will have Ticket Sales available at the main gates. There will be separate lines for “Same Day” purchasers.
What is the temperature range in Big Stone Gap?
Altough we cannot predict the weather, temperatures in Southwest Virginia in October usually range from the mid to upper 60’s during the day to mid to upper 40’s at night. Dress accordingly and be sure to bring a coat or jacket to the evening shows.
Are dogs allowed?
The Blue Highway Fest venue is limited to Service Animals ONLY. However, RV & Tent sections of the festival are located just outside of the performance venue and respectful pets are allowed within these areas. Big Stone Gap has a very nice Dog Park and walking trail that your “Fur-Babies” should really enjoy
Are golf carts allowed?
Sorry, golf carts will not be allowed inside the event area.
Is there handicap parking and seating?
Handicap drop off will be available at the East Gate of Bullitt Park. However, there is no parking inside the park. Everything inside the park is accesible at ground level with the exception of the bleacher seating. MEOC is also offering park and ride optiong. More info can be found at https://meoc.org/
How/when will I receive tickets/wristbands?
Tickets will be for sale online. Once you arrive at the festival, you will be required to show proof of purchase and will be given a wrist band depending on ticket purchase type.
What time do the gates open?
The gates open at 8:00AM on Friday Oct. 7th and 9:00AM on Saturday Oct. 8th.
Can I exit and re-enter the festival?
Yes, as long as you have your wristband and proof of purchase/ID with you.
Where can I park? Do I need a parking pass?
There is parking located throughout Downtown Big Stone Gap in public lots and on street parking. Parking is on a first come first serve basis.
There will be shuttle pick up and drop off locations to and from the event. The shuttle will run from 8AM til the last passenger is picked up on Friday at Saturday. The designated pick up/drop off shuttle locations are at Mountain Empire Community College parking areas. The shuttle pick up/drop off location will be at 3441 Mountain Empire Road.
In addition, the field beside Burger King located at 900 Gilly Ave E. will be a designated pick up/drop off location. Shuttles will be picking up and dropping off from these locations as well at Bullitt Park.
Will there be shuttles?
There will be satellite shuttle pick up and drop off locations to and from the event. The designated pick up/drop off shuttle locations are designated Mountain Empire Community College parking areas. Shuttle pick up/drop off location will be at 3441 Mountain Empire Road.
In addition, the field beside Burger King located at 900 Gilly Ave E. will be a designated pick up/drop off. Shuttles will be picking up and dropping off from these locations as well at Bullitt Park.
Is there any merchandise for sale at the festival? Shirts/hats/etc.
There will be a designated tent area selling merchandise, memorabilia, and souvenirs during the event.
Are there restroom facilities in the concert area?
Yes, there are both brick and mortar as well as a designated portable restroom section in the event area.
Is there a list of area hotel links?
BigStoneGap.com has a current listing of hotels, RV parks, and AirBNB for Big Stone Gap with additional listings in our region through a provided link from The Heart of Appalachia website. Visitwisecounty.com has additional listings for Wise County.
In addition, the following websites for neighboring cities and towns list lodging options.
What are the recommended types of seating to bring?
Are bicycles allowed?
Bikes are not permitted within the event site.
Will medical staff be available on site in case of emergencies?
EMS will be available and on standby during event hours.
Where can I find info about Big Stone Gap and Southwest Virginia area events, offerings, restaurants, and other attractions?
BigStoneGap.com has detailed listings for all attractions, restaurants, shops, and places to stay. There is also a Community Calendar that lists events within the SW Virginia region. You can also call the Big Stone Gap Visitor Center at (276) 523-2303 for any questions not covered by our website. Visitwisecounty.com has a detailed listing of the same for Wise County.
Are there any special events going on in the area while visiting the Blue Highway Festival?
The Town of Big Stone Gap has an entire week of activities scheduled in Downtown Big Stone Gap. Please check BigStoneGap.com/upcoming-events/ for a full list of activities in and around the Wise County Area during your visit. You may also drop by The Big Stone Gap Visitor Center for more information.
Will there be kid friendly activities for the event?
With the exception of the adjacent playground to Bullitt Park, there are no other planned children events for this festival.
Do merchants for food and items take credit cards?
All vendors setting up for the festival should be able to process a credit or debit card.
Will there be an ATM on site?
There will not be an ATM on site but there are several ATM locations in Downtown Big Stone Gap.
Can kids get in free?
Yes, children 12 and under are admitted free with an accompanying adult ticket holder.
Can canopies or tents be set up during the festival?
No structures that could impair the view of the main stage are allowed.
Can generators be used in the campgrounds?
Yes. However, they must be shutoff by 11PM EST and not interfere with other campers.
Is there a refund policy for tickets?
Tickets are non refundable.